what happened last week with the raiders and denver?

seasalt101

i saw the raiders win the game in denver with a field goal yesterday they beat cleveland but the yahoo standings show the raiders at 1-2-0 did i miss something last week? or is yahoo just off?...tobin

jovial

I saw Oakland win, I got pissed and turned the game off, but then heard later on that the field goal was overturned and Denver won. Dont know for sure though who won.

kjr_trig

Shanahan called Time out just as Drunk Boy (Janikowsky) was booting it through...After the T.O., Mr. D.W.I. missed the kick, and the Broncos won.

reefraff

The claim is the time out was called before the ball was snapped. The shot showing the side line and the ball was at a pretty good distance but it looked like the ball was snapped as time was being called. Thats why they call it Home Field Advantage. Funny thing is the Raiders pulled the same stunt to win this week.

nano reefer

yeah they did, time out was called moments before the snap, and the kicker still kicked the ball despite the whistles and it went right through, on the next kick one of the linemen batted it down to win the game. In the raiders coack interview he said something like "Yeah, i learned it from Mike" after a reporter asked him about mike shanahan.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Scotts
I thought they switched over to the movie Heidi............
LOL, good one there, Scotts!

clown boy

Thanks Lion. I think all the young'uns on the site are going

LOL I watch old films too!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Clown Boy

Sorry Clown Boy, but it has nothing to do with knowing the movie Heidi.

It is actually a reference that happened in 1968 in another football game (that one also with the Raiders, when they played the Jets).

scotts

Originally Posted by Clown Boy

See what I mean!

I guess and also

google "the Heidi game" if you want to know the real story.

shogun323

google "the Heidi game" if you want to know the real story.
Just read the story. That is crazy.
That's worse than the breaker killing the power at my buddies house in the last minute of the last round for the main event of the UFC last week!!!