what have you invented lately( share it )

newfishliny

:eek:
I think all of us play around thinking of all kinds of ways to improve our tank systems( filters , spray bars , over flows ect)
TODAY I TOOK MY 802 POWER HEAD AND ATTACH A 1/2 INCH PVC
PIPE TO IT , CAPED IT OFF, DRILLED HOLES DOWN THE LENGTH ,
GREAT WATER FLOW, PUT BEHIND MY ROCKS. APROX 24 INCH LONG. WATER MOVEMENT ALONG THE BOTTOM KEEPS ALOT OF DETRIUS OFF ECT
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
NEWFISH
DONALD
PS. I THINK THIS COULD BE A NEW TOPIC

scottnj

yesterday made a auto-top-off set up. I bought two float switchs on the net for I think $7 each and then wired them into a small hobby pump made for small water fountains. I wired it up so that both switches need to be in the on position in order for it to pump, so that both would need to fail in order to over-fill the sump.
I used PVC pipe to make a mounting bracket for them, kind of like a goal post and then used nylon nuts and bolts to mount it into the sump.
Actually a pretty fun project.

ncjetskier

Very COOL. So let me make sure I have this correct. You have a hang on refugium on the back of your tank?? What exactly is the top pic (I know it is the float valve but to what! Sorry for being an idiot, just trying to figure it out, so maybe I will do the same type thing. Thanks.

urchin

Decided to play with acrylic, and built this 20g..Wasn't too difficult..goal was to try my design of using 4 tubes, 2 returns to sump below, 2 for return to the tank..limit exterior stuff (overflow).. live rock is curing now, so no significant creatures yet... couldn't post the closeup pics (too big for this forum)...

newfishliny

:) :D :rolleyes: THATS WHAT I MEAN GUYS ! SHOW YOUR STUFF !
THIS A THREAD ON YOUR PERSONAL DESIGNS, BEING CREATIVE AND SHAREING WITH US ALL- I ONLY GOT SIX OUT OF 100 , NEED MORE , MORE MORE HAVE A DAMM GOOD TIME SHARE IT .
THEY ALL SOUNDED GOOD , GREAT BRACKET
NEW FISH

scottnj

NC, sure I can, might not be to the weekend, but I will pull it back out and take some pics to post on this thread. Seems to be working as planned which is always a good thing.
-Scott

bobbravo2

I had an idea for feeding. I have an old photo enlarger timer. It is used for turning the enlarger off after a period of time, it's max time is 59 minutes. It also has a socket for the safelight, this turns on when the enlarger turns off. I can use this to turn my protein skimmer off, and my circulation pump off when I am feeding my tank. This way, it will automatically turn it back on after a period of time. I could also use it to turn on a pump for feeding or something of that measure.

newfishliny

heys guys your really doing good with your idea's , 175 hits and 12 reply's , well there must be more santa's helper's out there:)
just checking in , I will add to the list later
new fish

john bowell

Hey guys,
I just wanted to show you my "jerry rigged" concoction that I dreamed up. It has probably been thought of before but I haven't seen any pics. I have not changed my water in 8 months and have not needed to, all levels are good. I believe this becuse of the multistage filter/sump that I have created.
I have a 90 Gal w/ 100 lbs of LR and 125 lbs of Live Sand
and a boat load of hermits, nasarrius snails and fish.
the sump is around 30 gal.