What & How often do you feed your corals?

wolffam

I have a few corals, and was wondering how often you feed yours? Is it better to feed a larger dose every other day or smaller doses daily, twice a day, etc? Mine seem to do better if I feed them small amounts daily. But that exactly is the right dose for a certain number of corals? IS there a formula? Opinions are always greatlt appreciated.

nm reef

I keep a lot of assorted types of corals in my lil 55...and I normally feed them once a week...maybe twice.
I'll thaw a few cubes of mysis/brine/krill/formula 1&2/...add some seaweed select...a few drops of zoe & zoecon...a couple caps full of DT's phyto plankton...then direct feed several of my corals. The rest of the food serves as a added treat to the fish and scavengers.
Every other day I feed either assorted flakes or mysis in the early evening primarily for the fish.
The rest of the time the corals and other life forms survive off the lighting and the water column.
But I seriously believe that each system is different and what works for mine may not work for yours.:cool:

fishies

Mine get fed pretty much each day. I make my own food that is frozen in cubes. For the first feeding of the day, I turn off my equipment, except lights, and feed a couple of cubes that have thawed, spread across the tank. As the food falls, the corals get some. The second feeding everything is on, and that's pretty much for the fish, and what ever yummy leftovers, the crabs get. I do target feed my polyps once a week, just to be sure they are all getting fed.:)