What is a Predator Reef Tank

tervman

I have seen mention of keeping some of the more agressive fish in a "Predator Reef" tank, if you want a reef tank, and not just a FOWLR tank.
I currently have a Huma-Huma Trigger, and may be adding a Harlequin Tusk in the coming months. However, I would like to get some corals also, if possible. So....my question is....what is a "Predator Reef" tank? Where can I get info on one. Also, were can I get info on what corals, etc. I can keep with a Huma-Huma and a HT?
Thanks.

teen

i think more long the lines of agressive fish that are considered more reef safe. such as a pink tail trigger, blue throat trigger, sohal tang, fuzzy dwarf lion.
i think the fish you have or are recieving arent considered reef safe. maybe try some mushrooms first and see if the fish bother them.

aw2x3

It's basically a reef type setup, adding predatory fish that naturally live on coral reefs...Lions, Groupers, etc.
You just have to be careful which species of predatory fish you choose. Alot of them (Triggers, Puffers, etc) will eat corals.