What is happening to my Yuma?

kmsrn

I've been very busy at work and haven't paid attention to my tank in a few days and this is what I've found. water parameters are within normal range and my sps are doing fine. The rock that the ric is on had fallen back into the shade with not that much water movement. Do you think that could be the cause?

kmsrn

Or, is this what they look like when they split? I hope it's splitting and not dieing. What type of light and water movement does it need to be healthy? And, IF it's dieing, can I bring it back it back with proper conditions?

bronco300

doesnt look good to me, in what i've seen of mushes doing that they end up dieing....you might try giving it a bit of food and see if it responds..i believe they are fine in med light and med/low flow...but id try getting it some food, piece of mysis or cyclopeeze or something like that to see if it takes it.

has it been closed up like that for awhile ?? mine closes up every now and then but doesnt really look like that try puttin it on the sand. hopefully its fine

puffer32

I think it is dieing. Sorry, but not alot you can do when it starts to sloth off skin, usually means its melting/desinagrating.

myzislow

I'm sorry but that looks like it is definitely dieing. I had a very nice and expensive ricordia yuma do this to me as well. When the shroom begins to "melt away" and slime almost turning into a puddle of brown goo, it has reached the point of no return.
I bet if you take it out and smell the shroom, it will smell terrible! I would remove it before it totally dies off in your tank.
I've read that recently a lot of people are having trouble with wild collected "rare" yuma morphs "melting away" like yours is doing.

kmsrn

Originally Posted by Bronco300
did it look like it took any of the cyclop at all?
It did not appear to take any food. If anything, it closed up by a fraction. How is this happening? It was a perfectly happy, healthy, EXPENSIVE ricordia! I'm going to give it another 24 hours and see what happens, unless you guys think that it will totally pollute my water (I have good flow and a skimmer)

kmsrn

I put it where it was originally. Now, I guess, it's just a waiting game. This is how it looked a few days ago