What is needed?

I was just wondering what is needed to keep a couple cleaner clams? I was going to order the Nano pack but I'm not sure what the clams need to survive. I'd rather not kill them.

meowzer

sand and bacteria...LOL
How old is the tank? You really need some detrius,waste, gunk (LOL) in your sand

Tank is about a month and a half old... I've got lots of detrius and "gunk" lol It's probably going to be a couple weeks before we order anything tho. Oh I don't have sand though... I have fine crushed coral... is that a problem?

salt210

I was thinking about these before and I know that some including meowzer there have them, but the information that I kept finding is that they arent really a good choice for the home aquarium. most of these clams come from cold water areas. they might live for the short term, but might not make it in the long run.

meowzer

Originally Posted by JamesCameron1
http:///forum/post/3122019
Well at this point I guess I can only hope they make it, as they are already on their way. Fingers crossed
I actually had my 1st one die the other day :(...I have had it since October...IDK if that is a long time or not though....I have also heard that they don't last long, but while they are alive they aredoing their jobs..