What is on your Equpment Maintenance Needs List?

slice

What do you currently need for routine maintenance? What is the severity of the need from 1-5, "1" means "I have to pick it up on the way home or my tank is doomed!" and "5" means "I need to get one sometime fairly soon".
I just bought spare impellers for my protein skimmer and a spare pump, but I now I need:
-a new heater. The heater I have now is over 1 1/2 years old. It is still rock steady, but I need a spare on principle. Severity = 3-4
-a new refugium CF lamp. The one I have now is...I forget...I just need a spare. Severity = 5
-New T5 lamps, both 12000k and 460nm. The ones I have now are 8 months old. I really like Bang's suggestion of rotating, for 6-lamp fixtures, one lamp every 2 months so the light intensity stays fairly constant instead of switching them all out at once and getting a shock of increased light. Instead of keeping a log of which lamp is changed, I think I will put a sharpie mark on the silver end of the new lamp. Once all the lamps have a black mark, I will switch them out one by one until they all do not have a black mark, and so on. Severity = 2-3
So, what has been bugging you to replace or backup?
-this is a different take on Meow's old monthly spend thread...

travelerjp98

more green chromis to complete my school - 5
some more fish food. I'm out. I'll probably stop by the seafood dept. and make my own this time around. I have before.- 1-2

1guydude

new heater 3....
the fluval heater i have now works but im having heat issues! I want it to be submersable as well!
new temp probe 3....
heat issues and i think its old, came with the unit which i purchased used.
new filter sponge 2.....
kinda been slacking on swapping em....maybe this coming payday ill do it! LOL
chemi-pure/elite 3....
getting old and need to swap out by the end of the month i think...
lol i need tank journals!
im upgrading soon hopefully so i cantt get myself to buy these things and than only use em for a month or two....i should just be buying stuff for my upgrade!

gemmy

Heater: 1 (haven't had a heater on the tank since June when it heated the tank to 91)
New PC lights: 2
New Halide Lights:2
Chemi Pure Elite: 2
Chiller for the horse tank: 2
Temp Probe: 1
*Sigh* I think I have spent my pay check before I get it next week. I think I'm going to hate getting paid every other week.

btldreef

Top Off Water (Haven't made any in about a week): 5
Extra Wet Side for the MP10: 2
Carbon: 5 (must be done tomorrow)
GFO: 5 (also must be done tomorrow)
Calibration fluid for pH probe: 2-3
New Media for Ca Reactor: 2-3
New Mag Float Glass Cleaner: 4
New Turkey Baster: 3-4
Food: 1
I have a lot of replacement equipment already (pumps, heaters, etc). We bought mainly new pumps/powerheads/heaters for the 180, but kept all of our spare equipment from the 155, so I'm fairly set with that. I don't need new bulbs because I have LEDs :)

snakeblitz33

Yeah, that's right, you can kick em' out legally after 18 years. lol.
I forgot to add...
Extra powerstrip - 5. Sometimes one will burn out or just stop working. I use the really cheap kinds, lol
Extra food or home made frozen foods - 4
I'm starting to look into UPS (uninterrupted Power Supply) for a couple of powerheads to keep running when the electricity is out. But, that runs more into Emergency list than maintenance list. I thought I would just add it on here. lol

snakeblitz33

I'm not sayin' that I would ever kick em' out with hard feelings. lol. More like... send her to college, lol.
Here's a list of things that I use to maintain my tanks and clients tanks and stuff that I always keep on hand... "just incase."
1. vinyl tubing for water changes
2. Stored saltwater
3. Stored top off water
4. Top off water
5. Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime
6. Turkey Baster
7. Accurate API Reef Test Kit + Magnesium test kit by Salifert
8. fish net
9. mag float
10. expired plastic credit card, for scraping coralline algae
11. glass cleaning fluid
12. Paper towels
13. home made food
14. Extra flake food.
15. Baking Soda
16. Calcium Chloride
17. Epsom Salt
18. Extra power strip
19. Hydrometer
20. (refractometer if I have it.)
21. 25 foot of airline tubing
22. extra light bulbs for algae scrubber
23. GFO - depends on application
24. carbon
25. Cuttable blue and white filter floss
26. Rubber bands
27. Zip ties
28. Algae scrubber pad
29. Aquarium towels
30. Aquarium hand towel
31. 30g worth of 5g utility jugs
32. silicone (to silicone lights in to algae scrubber light socket)
I'm sure there is more, but this is everything I can think of of hand. I think most of them are needed on a regular basis. Some can be used over and over again, while others have to be replaced often. It all just depends on your setup and application.