What is the BEST Active Carbon we can use??

moy

Just wonding if someone can tell me whats the BEST Filter Carbon i can purchase for my Reef/Fish tank setup??
:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

moy

Cant anyone please recommend a Good Brand Active Carbon that wouldn't realse harmful things into the water like phosphates??
PLEASE!!! :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Hi Moy,
Here's a couple of options:
HydroCarbon 2 G.A.C. (by Two Little Fishies)
Matrix Carbon (by SeaChem)
These two products specifically advertise not to leach phosphates. There are many reefers who use Marineland Black Diamond Premium Activated Carbon, however that Co. does not specify as to the leaching possibility. (That I know of anyway.)
I have used Matrix for a number of years. I like it because you need very little and it fits easily into a resin bag.
HTH
Hermit

aczmey

I use "BLACK DIAMOND CARBON by MARINELAND"
Its very good but its larger size than some others.
Bellow is it's description
"Eliminates odors, discolorations & harmful organic substances better than any other brand. Heat activated bituminous coal based granules are specially sized and far more efficient than coconut, wood, or peat based carbons. With black diamond you get more carbon. As much as 60% more of other prewashed carbon weight is water not carbon black diamond contains less than 2% moisture. more carbon, better performance better value, and phosphate free.!!!"

moy

Thanks so much AMERICAN WOMEN and ACZmey for the info on the carbon! For sure i'll buy one of those brands..!
Thanks once again! :D :p :D