What is the best reef friendly shrimp?

nm reef

I like skunk cleaners...I have a pair of them...plus a pair of blood reds...and currently 3 peppermints...if I could locate then I'd add a pair of sexys. I will find them and I will add them.

sov82

I have a coral banded and peppermint. The worst thing the coral banded does is steal Zoo off my corals if I directly feed them (which is not often). I just shooo him away.

viet-tin

i had a pair of cbs before i gave them away. I caught them n luckily they became a maited pair

saltyrich

I have several shrimp that do well together. I've got a pistol shrimp with my yellow watchman goby, 2 peppermint shrimp, a fire shrimp, and a monkey shrimp.

saltyrich

30 gallon tall with about 75-80 pounds of rockwork for them to mess around in. I'm a big fan of biodiversity, particularly in the case of inverts in a reef tank. All of my shrimp and other inverts serve different purposes in the system. At this point I've struck a harmonious balance. One thing to note is that you should monitor what is happening in your tank. If there is friction, then remove one of the elements. This message board is vital in helping determine compatability of tankmates. I feel that you can have a few shrimp in a reef tank without having overcrowding, if you've got a lot of rock. The fire shrimp is always out and active. The peppermints are small and stay hidden during the day. They do spawn and produce food for the tank also. The monkey shrimp is only visible at night most of the time.

nyreefer

Skunk cleaners are a good choice. Mine in very interesting to watch, he is always cleaning my flame angel and lawnmower blenny. It also eats from my hand.

ndpb6b

I have two cleaners and they are a god sent. I have 3 tangs in my 125 and they do their jobs as far as setting up cleaning stations and keeping everyone squeeky. I added the second cleaner about six months after the other and had no problems with them getting along. Very happy with them. Very neat to watch them hang upside down and look over the tank.