What is the Best Starfish

lady becca

What is the best star fish for a reef tank?
I have a 75g tank
Current Stock List:
3 Oscellaris Clowns
1 Bass
3 Peppermint shrimp
2 Black cucumbers
7 Mushroom Corals
1 Candycane Coral
1 Kenya Tree
I want to get a safe starfish for cleaning purposes. But which one?
:rolleyes:

ryebread

Brittlestars are nice to have but, I would personally try to get your hands on a Linkia Multiflora.

T

therock0861

I have kept a brittle star with success for a long time and I have never seen them attack or eat anything they weren't supposed to. I would stay away from serpent stars and green brittle stars and chocolate chip starfish as well. HTH

peasly1

I have kept a chocalate star,red serpant,green brittle, for yrs now, recently got a red linka didnt last a week.....????????

katara

Originally posted by RyeBread
Brittlestars are nice to have but, I would personally try to get your hands on a Linkia Multiflora.

Ditto..I finally found one after looking for two years..I ordered two:)

katara

They are less likely to drop dead on you like most other linkias.Very durable.Often reproduce themselves.

mkengr45

I was attractedto the blue Linkia, but when I asked the LFS guy what they eat, he replied "they eat themselves as they die". He said he wouldnt let me get one because he knows Im a regular and he knows its going to die quick. I would stay away from linkia, at least the blue ones anyways. I have a serpent star I smuggled back from a cruise in the Carribean, it is awesome, only about 4" tip to tip. looks so cool. My best souvenir ever.
Randy