What is the best way to get rid of flat worms?

Well I have a 24 nano that my friend gave me a couple of weeks ago. I now have a pair of true percs, a Lawnmower Blenny, a Bangai Cardinal and usual clean up crew. I've noticed alot of small flatworms on the glass and LR. What can I do to control these pests?

oceana

Originally Posted by Disco Bay JN
http:///forum/post/2622929
Well I have a 24 nano that my friend gave me a couple of weeks ago. I now have a pair of true percs, a Lawnmower Blenny, a Bangai Cardinal and usual clean up crew. I've noticed alot of small flatworms on the glass and LR. What can I do to control these pests?
i had them one time several years ago and i did a manual removal of as many as i could find. then cleaned the sand bed, then did a water change then used flat worm exit. i never saw them again.

J

jrthomas40

i have heard flatworm exit works well...i had some and i picked them out with tweezers everytime i walked by the tank

paintballer768

Depending on the infestation, flatworm could actually trigger an ammonia spike. I recommend freshwater dipping corals when you get them, if they can handle it. I personally havent found the clear flatworms to harm anything, just all over the place. Mine had a huge population take off, and died down and is still I think.

schadiest1

when I had them back in the day. i siphoned out as many as possible, removed my live rock, placed in seperate tank, used flatworm exit, skimmer and carbon, shook off the rocks really good and put them back in the DT and was fine ever since.
don't let them get out of hand, they can populate VERY quickly IME.

brewski4u1

flat worm exit is your best bet follow instructions dont take any short cuts and siphon as many as possible out first! and run lots and lots of carbon!and very large water changes! that what i did and i haven't seen one since ! also its not ammonia you have to worrie about its the toxins that they release when they die that can be harmful!

yerboy

they do reproduce quickly, i had then everywhere so i removed all my LR all my CC freshwater dipped everything i had and restarted. 4 months later i see them coming back so i had to have missed some. There not very bad at the moment but everytime i do water changes i try to get as many as i can.