what is the cost of a 200+ gallon tank new/used?

bethany

looking to upgrade my 45 gal in the next few months and looking for a 200-250 gallon tank. New or used in good condition. Tank Only. I plan on building my stand.

corky

Im assuming you are questioning general prices of new and used tanks. It varies from brand to brand for new as well as glass vs. acrylic and of course it's condition for used. My wife just surprised me a couple of weeks ago by buying me a used 180 in good condition for $300(glass tank alone with flo lights). She makes me so proud!!! Keep your eyes open in the classifieds, I've seen many 200+ tanks for sale lately.

bethany

thanks. not as bad as i thought. my lfs has one for $1,000. My toddler takes that from me so i'm on a budget here. So i guess i'll look for a used one. Which would be better glass/acrylic. I currently have glass w/no complaints.

sal t. nutz

If you don't mind doing work, you can find one in poor shape and fix it up. I bought a 300 gallon complete setup for $1000. It needed a lot of work, but was kind of fun having a project. I am almost done now, and I am going to miss having the project to work on.

witecap4u

I found a 150 with wet/dry two powerheads and lots fo misc stuff for $75. I had to build a new stand, and might need to recaulk it, but $75 is nothiing. If it comes down to it, I could break it apart, use the glass in a diy wood tank or two or three....hehe
cs