what is the most aggressive

reefer123

i would like to know what the most aggressive saltwater fish is, and some info?
is it hard to keep?
i want something that will tear apart anything you put in the tank?

pbienkiewi

It has to be a shark.
someone catches the shark. Puts it in a small tub. Then it travels thousands of miles away getting the shark all stressed out. While in transport the shark will be thrashing. Water needs to circulated over him. The shark needs alot of room to swim but is confined to a small tub of water.
Then the shark will cost a couple of thousand dollars to maybe die on you.
I have heard a storie from a distributor. He had a $2000 shark. When the shark got to him the guy picked the shark up and dies 2 days later. What a waste of $2000

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by pbienkiewi
It has to be a shark.
someone catches the shark. Puts it in a small tub. Then it travels thousands of miles away getting the shark all stressed out. While in transport the shark will be thrashing. Water needs to circulated over him. The shark needs alot of room to swim but is confined to a small tub of water.

What does this have to do with aggression? An undulated trigger will kill any shark of comparable size in the aquarium trade.

computrgk

Originally Posted by Speg
I would say a damsel :p

:hilarious but true not really but they have killed some new inhabitants
I would say triggers and wrasses mainly the lunar wrasse i've seen them rips some Sh** up

sharkguy22

Sharks dont really show aggression(except for the mondo 1s). I have a lemon and shes a frady cat. Ialso had an undulated and it was a mean little dude :mad:

the reef

Originally Posted by reefer123
can i keep anything else in the tank with a Undulated trigger?
I would say a full grown huma trigger they will bite threw power cords if you dont put some crabs in there to file down their teeth they have been also known to kill sharks when put in the same tank to long and another fish that would kill the huma would have to be a baracuda one store here had several for sale

dreamreef

I agree with the undulated trigger, I bought a few different species of triggerfishes, and he was awesome to watch. Some others are better looking, like the clown and blueline, or queen or titan trigger, but it's all personal preference, baracudas are bad azzz too. You can keep wrasses and lionfish with triggers, and most groupers, like a panther grouper would be sweet

moto757

Defintly some type of full grown trigger say a blue line or a queen or a undalte or a clown. They are not scared of nothing and everything is a meal to them.

nickfish

Heres a diagram to show trigger agression. Left is the most docile while right is the most agressive
Blue-Throaght<----Picasso

[hr]
Clown--Queen

[hr]
Undulate>Titan

konrade

Beau gregory damsel. Killed all of my fish awhile back and including a lion and picked on anything and everything. Worst fish ever.

55gsw

How big of a tank are you talking about?
20g dottyback (just about any species)
30g domino or neon damsel
75g undulate trigger
250 queen or titan trigger

fishnerd

Originally Posted by nickfish
Titan Trigger fish is defenetly the most agressive.

A tank I maintain had a RS Titan "Moses". One day he went on a rampage and killed the whole (750 gal) tank. Some victims were... 2' Nurse Shark, Hawaiian Dragon Moray, 8" RS Bluebird Wrasse, 8" show Blueface Angel, etc.
I thought it was going to be impossible to catch him, but as soon as the net hit the water he attacked it. I was able to scoop him out with ease. Its safe to say I will not be purchasing another one.
By the way, what kind of f'ed up person are you to want "something that will tear apart anything you put in the tank"???