What is this frost looking fungi all over my Sponges?

I have this frost looking fungi all over my sponges.
Does anyone know what I am talking about and if so, wat is it ad what do I need to do in order to get rid of it?

meowzer

What type of sponge? I had a yellow tree sponge....it started to get this whitish stuff on it...and it was the sponge actually dieing.....soon it just fell apart

bcollett

How long has the sponge been in the tank? Has it just recently been introduced? If so when you put it in your tank, was it ever exposed to air by any chance? If so you could be seeing part of the sponge die. They dont do so well when they're exposed to air. try to get some pix posted

timeless1

Not sure of type of sponge, but if you happen to have a wrasse in your tank, then , you will need to sell the wrasse or sponge. My sponge was almost killed from my wrasse spinning a cocoun nightly, the white stuff was blocking the polyps from coming out. Also put it in a high flow area, very high, but indirect. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmith200 http:///forum/thread/370322/what-is-this-frost-looking-fungi-all-over-my-sponges#post_3188109
I have this frost looking fungi all over my sponges.
Does anyone know what I am talking about and if so, wat is it ad what do I need to do in order to get rid of it?