what is this? getting bigger

davebrace5533

hey ive had this tank set up and running strong for about 6 months now. and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is this thing growing in it. there was just this one and it started small but now there is another about 3 inches away.

davebrace5533

ive searched everything and cant seem to find anything like it. at first i thought it maybe some sort of anenome/feather family as it hasnt moved at all and is about one inch long

symon

Originally Posted by davebrace5533
ive searched everything and cant seem to find anything like it. at first i thought it maybe some sort of anenome/feather family as it hasnt moved at all and is about one inch long
Although it looks like a Nudi, since it hasen't moved maybe a sponge? There are hundreds of sponges, have you touched it, is it slimey like a slug, or more like a sponge?

bigarn

Originally Posted by Symon
Although it looks like a Nudi, since it hasen't moved maybe a sponge? There are hundreds of sponges, have you touched it, is it slimey like a slug, or more like a sponge?
hmm ... I missed the part about it not moving. I guess it could be a sponge.

steve24

Originally Posted by 92ProTruck
looks like a Q tip sponge to me.
i say its a Q tip sponge as well ...

davebrace5533

k thanks guys it does look like a long version of that q tip. r they good? /how big can they get i just noticed there are 2 smaller ones within a couple inches of this one