What is this??? please help!!

elchoryla

Hi, i noticed this on my rock the other day, i noticed it hides sometimes and sometimes its showing, u guys think cuz of insufficient lighting in the tank??? I have a 80 galllon 24" tall tank and i have a 48" power compact fixture 110 watts, anyways what is this on the rock called?? i have no idea, and why is it hiding sometimes??? thanks in advance

ccamaleon

i got some good and bad new's, is an anemone the bad new's is if this litle fella got cut off from one of the arm's is gona spreed ebry where if u try to remove it do it carfull. it hide most the time and apear when is hungry.

elchoryla

So its normal for this anenome to hide and come out only when hungry?? what does it eat?? i never feed it at all, THERE IS ANOTHER ONE NEXT TO THIS ONE TOO, is this lighting i have ok?? i posted specs above, let me know

organism

it's a bad anemone, called aiptasia, I suggest using some joe's juice or kalking it to wipe them out before they really spread

organism

peppermint shrimp'll eat them, but sometimes they'll pick on polyps too, depends on the shrimp and where it came from I think