What is this pod-like critter?

spline9

Anybody have any idea on what kinda pod this is (or if it is a pod at all)?
Whats it do? Whats it eat? What are its natural predators? Is it good/bad?
Posting 3 pics. First one has some kinda worm in it. ID on that would be cool, too. They appear black in the tank. The pods (or whatever they are) are smaller than a grain of sand. Looking at the pics, the shells look almost bivalve-esque but they seem to have little legs that paddle around some.
For those interested in the camera:
Nikon CoolPix 995. No extra lenses.
Zoomed in on the pic with Photoshop. Cropped and some color adjustment. No sharpening.

bang guy

The Worm could a type of Polychaete (Bristle Worm) It's at a young stage and to be honest I don't know what it's going to grow up to be.
The pod is an Ostracode. These are thought to be the true natural food for Dragonettes.
The picture of the Ostracode is one of the best I've ever seen. :happy:

spline9

How did I know you were going to be the one replying to this? Heh. The amount of knowledge you contain never fails to amaze me. I guess you arent kiddin when it says "Occupation: Data Architect"
I always wanted to know what the pods Dragonettes ate looked like. I imagined them to be a bit bigger but I guess not.
Thanks for the compliment, BTW. Coming from you, its quite flattering. :D

razoreqx

Originally posted by Bang Guy
The Worm could a type of Polychaete (Bristle Worm) It's at a young stage and to be honest I don't know what it's going to grow up to be.
The pod is an Ostracode. These are thought to be the true natural food for Dragonettes.
The picture of the Ostracode is one of the best I've ever seen. :happy:

Yes very nice detail on your photo work!