What is this sore?

PoppyD88

I’ve had this clownfish for a few months, just recently moved it over from a 55gallon to a 10gallon a few days ago because it was attacking my other clownfish. It’s tank mates are a cleaner shrimp and a emerald crab. Since the introduction to the new tank, it’s been hanging around the heater. I think the sore is a heater burn but i’m worried it will turn into an infection. I know clownfish are hardy but I still worry. Are there any meds that i should put in to prevent infection? Or should i leave it alone and see how the sore heals?

Attachments

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You may be right. It's an odd mark. Heat from heaters usually disperses its heat in water. Is this heater rated for a 10gal?

If the fish is eating and swimming nomral leave it and wait and see. Assuming your water conditions in the tank are good?

PoppyD88

You may be right. It's an odd mark. Heat from heaters usually disperses its heat in water. Is this heater rated for a 10gal?

If the fish is eating and swimming nomral leave it and wait and see. Assuming your water conditions in the tank are good?
I believe that my heater is too powerful for my tank size, it’s for a 20gallon. I’m going to buy a new heater asap. The water conditions are all good.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if he is still eating and swimming normally, it will just be wait and see if he'll heal up or if something more develops.