What is this worm?

famous

Hey can anyone help me out with what this worm is? I have seen him in the tank for the last couple of days and could not catch him. Finally got it last night when it got onto a small rock that it had no where really to hide on. It is pretty good size like 6-8 inches. I have a 29 gal tank with only LR and LS in it right now with some hermits. Is this guy bad? Could he have harmed anything? Thanks for any info you have.
Kyle

famous

Southeast Orlando Where at in Kissimmee? Im still new at this and looking for some fish stores, any good around you?

nigerbang

seems to be a big bristle worm..I added 53lbs of LR to a 29..No worms..I am at 100 in the 92...no worms...I feel left out..

famous

So is the worm a bad thing? I dont want it in there right? Or am I just lucky to get a free worm with my expensive LR! I guess you coud say I payed 7.99 a pound for him!

nigerbang

some people dont like them in there system..not a real problem in my exp. unless they get out of hand...then flwoosh...down the toilet..they are good and scowering the sand and cleaning it..I have seen posts about ppl digging in the LR bin at LFS to try and find them..

famous

I still have it. What do you think put it back in or just leave it out. It was kind of a pain to catch. It sticks to the rock pretty good.

mandarin w

It is a bristle worm. And they are great to have. They clean up the sand bed and eat all kinds of junk that ends up on the bottom of the tank. They do not eat live corals or fish. Just scavage the tank. The only problem is when they get huge. Those bristle on the side tend to stick and hurt a little more than when they are small. Then take them out.

famous

Thanks I think ill put it back into the tank and see how it does. I did not realize that they actually help. Thanks for all of the info!