What is wrong with my Arrow Crab????

ablincoln01

Our beloved arrow crab is acting very strange. He has propped himself up by our LR and is down on his little legs with the pinchers. He doesn't move around very much and doesn't react to much stimuli. Our water is
Ammonia at 0
Nitrites at 0
Nitrates at 25 or 30
Temp 79
We were mistakenly told that we could put him in the tank while it cycled (dumb advice) and he somehow managed to survive the cycle while everything else died. Now that the water is good, what is going wrong with him? Could he be molting?
Thanks for your help!

aarone

might be lazy from the cycle. The high ammonia and nitrate could have made him lethargic. I have no experiene with arrow crabs. Is it eating? He could be molting. My Hermit crab stays in one spot for a day or two when it molts. HTH

ablincoln01

Now he looks completely dead. He is laying in a pile and not moving. I can't figure out what is making him this way when he was fine when the water was terrible. Now that things are looking good, he looks far from good.

judyk

I have had an arrow crab for 5 months. It goes through spells where it gets in shaded areas and doesn't move like you describe. Within a day or two it will be back moving around the tank. Mine has never molted, but my cleaner shrimp seems to molt every couple weeks.

tony detroit

Possiblly low iodine levels making a molt harder for him. I had one for about 6 months until he mysteriously died.