What is your favorite "fish name" and why?

oniel21

I'm interested to hear some of the creative names that are out there. I currently only have three fish, but I'll pick one of my clowns named Pickler (after American Idols Kelly Pickler). My gf picked it out, but she has become my baby now!
Let's hear some names!

missymoo

I'm embarrassed to admit this but when I first got into saltwater fish I didn't know how to properly pronounce "ich" and I was asking a very knowledgeable fish person about "Ish". So when I purchased my hippo tang I affectionately named her Ishy. I have had my foxface for over two years now and his name is Vinny. Those are the only two I named, the others we just refer to them by the type of fish they are.

perfectdark

I had a false ocellaris that got into it with my Midas Blenny. She actually grabbed my clown by the dorsal fin and shook him like a dog and let him go. He had a tear in his fin that made his dorsal look like a mohawk. My wife started calling him Moe, so Moe it was. My Blenny exhibited characteristics extremly similar to a dogs behavior, it would turnits body into a full circle and litterally chew on its own tail as a dog would. I have never seen that before I thought it was hilarious... we called her... pooch.

beavis4040

Well, it's not overly imaginative, however i have a 3-4" Porc puffer and we call him Bubba. He's just such a laid back kinda guy it just fit so perfectly. He's slow and just kinda watches you, he's my favorite fish i've ever had. We actually call our new son that too now...lol he gets called Bubba and sometimes Bubba Gump...poor kid.
(Real name is Ethan tho, so he'll be fine in school!)

oniel21

Originally Posted by Beavis4040
Well, it's not overly imaginative, however i have a 3-4" Porc puffer and we call him Bubba. He's just such a laid back kinda guy it just fit so perfectly. He's slow and just kinda watches you, he's my favorite fish i've ever had. We actually call our new son that too now...lol he gets called Bubba and sometimes Bubba Gump...poor kid.
(Real name is Ethan tho, so he'll be fine in school!)
LOL! Bubba, what a great name for a fish!

debbie

Well my black and white saddle back clown is named "Ebony", don't have a good name for the orange and white guy yet.
In my freshwater tank I have a huge Cobalt Blue Discus named "Palue" means blue in Hawaiian.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist ,my favorite fish in my 150 gallon aquarium is the Queen angel fish . I named it after my wife and her name is Queen Pammy . She knows that she's the prettiest ,most aggressive ,most greedy ,and the largest fish in the aquarium .

leftyblite

My wife named my blue tang Sushi. She said been thinking about a sushi bar her friends took her to and when she saw my fish for some reason she thought of eating sushi at the sushi bar and thus the fish was named. Hmmmmm.... should I be worried???

wangotango

I don't really name my fish, but I think Humu Humu Nuku Nuku Apua'a (AKA Humu Humu trigger), is the by far the best common name for a fish.
-Justin

aquaknight

Our male clownfish's name is unofficially Spartacus, because of the front white stripe makes him look like he's wearing a helmet.

lesleybird

My husband went to LSU so my blue and gold Majestic angelfish (the school colors), is named Loushu. My Scribbled angel is named Squiggie.
I have not come up with a good name for my Potter's angel yet so for now we call him Potty....don't think he likes his name. Anyone have a new name for Potty? We need help with this one! Lesley

jpc763

We name almost everything in the tank since my kids are involved.
4 Emerald Crabs - Click & Clack (Car Talk guys); Bonnie & Clyde
Sally Lightfoot Crab - Sally (very creative on that one)

Brittlestar - Clark (not sure why, just sounded right)
Collector Urchin - Ernie (my 7 year old named it)
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - Jacques (ummm Nemo of course)
Firefish - Sparkey (my 8 year old's fish)
2 False Percs - Nick & Nora (The Charles from the 1930's movies)
Royal Gramma - Agu (what my 8 year old called his Grandma when he was a toddler)
Sixline Wrasse - Stimpy (Still waiting to get Ren)
Branching Hammer - My wife named it "The Broccoli"

zsqure

When I first began, I had a few @@%$#&^ Damsels. The biggest one was named "DIESEL" by my (then) 6 yr old. He was always bullying his way around the tank. He soon turned into a pizza topping.

ccampbell57

when I got my first 2 fish (juvi emperor angel and a powder blue tang) they were my favorite fish of all time. I named the emperor Achillies and the PBT was Bruce after the shark in Nemo that went nuts when he smelled blood. He would just go wacky for no reason, flaring his fins and swimming 1000000 miles an hour

oniel21

Originally Posted by zsqure
When I first began, I had a few @@%$#&^ Damsels. The biggest one was named "DIESEL" by my (then) 6 yr old. He was always bullying his way around the tank. He soon turned into a pizza topping.

kjr_trig

Fang, my Redtooth/Niger Trigger, if you have ever had a Male Redtooth you know why....Then there was my Maroon Clown, Geoffrey, or also known at "Damnit Geoffrey", because he liked to bite me any time I had my hand in the tank to clean.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Fang, my Redtooth/Niger Trigger, if you have ever had a Male Redtooth you know why....Then there was my Maroon Clown, Geoffrey, or also known at "Damnit Geoffrey", because he liked to bite me any time I had my hand in the tank to clean.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Damnit Geoffrey!!!! I love it KJ! I guess that is what I should call my niger...DAMNIT NIGER

jtrzerocool

i named my fuzzy dwarf, handsome rob(from the italian job)...the fuzzy was so ugly that the name fit him perfectly...