what kind of algea?

rblovell

It's a DSB for a substrate. I originally filled the tank with tap water, but have been doing water changes since December with RO water from the supermarket.

njbluefish

Hey.........Check your LFS and see if they sell RO water. My LFS sells the RO water for a $1 a gallon and gives you a 5 gal. container to transport it in. It is premixed with sea salt....not a bad deal at all. If you are not up for shelling out the clams for a RO unit this can be another avenue you might want to look at.
Peace!

njbluefish

True.........I just have built a releationship with the LFS person and he is the only one that makes the water. BTW it is RO/DI water......I just talked to a friend of mine. I just find that if you have a LFS that you trust..........why not get the water from them if you do have the extra $$ to shell out for a RO/DI unit. Also, if you are on the East Coast you can pick up the DI water at your local Wallmart for about $.60 a gal. Once again Kip...I do agree with you....the more you can take care of yourslef...the better. Only you know what and how you would like things done in your tank.
two,

NJBLUEFISH.. I am in Mass and walmart is almost across the street..:D
Do you mean Distilled water?? I thought distilled was bad.... I never really knew what the RO or the DI meant in a RO/DI machine//LOL Just knew I should buy one..LOLOL :confused: :confused: :confused:
Is a RO/DI something that you have to hang on your tank.. Honestly, with the e-hiem, UV, Backpack 2, and everything else hanging on the back.. I am PLUMB out of room..:D
Thanking you Kindly, Kim

clarkiiboi

RO/DI= reverse osmosis and Deionized (sp). It is water you can buy, or a contraption you hook to your own faucet to filter the water. It's different than distilled water. Walmart has it in bottles, but I forget what its called.

djaccord

ok, so let me get this straight, im also setting up a new tank. I recieved a tap water filter with the tank. The tap water filter will take out this bad stuff?