what kind of gorg???

N

newreefers

I have searched high and low and can find no information on this particular gorg. Does anyone know what type this is??? It doen't have the usual type of polyps like my yellow ones do.

plum70rt

Looks like a Sea Stalk Briareum, Am I right? Corky Sea Fingers or Dead man Fingers, Like strong flow , Med to high light,

nm reef

Briareum asbestinum of some sort is the best I've been able to ID mine. Definitely a type of gorgonian...but I've never been able to locate specific info to positively ID mine. I picked mine up from my favorite LFS as a add on to some other corals I purchased(the owner has a habit of "giving" me corals that are in decline). Mine was in bad shape when I got it...but has since recovered nicely.

nm reef

LMAO!!!!
Thats not a worm...thats one of the arms of my beast of a brittle star......hes lived under that section of reef for over 2 years now....every now and then I'll catch him out early in the morning.
Back to the ID question...I just got through looking around and I'm not sure the Briareum asbestinum ID is correct. I've got a few other potential sources to check out...maybe I'll find something more definite. I am convincied that it is gorgonian...but not sure what specific name/type.