What Kind of Skimmers for Sharks?

rookie

I am interested in recommendations for skimmers for a shark tank. Obviously size of skimmer depends on size of tank, but I am asking for brands that are succesful for shark tanks. Please make recomendations.
Thanks,
Nick

saltfisher

I had a Prizm and it SUCKED. Now I have one that's attached to my Wet/Dry. It works, but was hard as hell to get dialed in.

ac

I put a euroreef on mine, I'm just now filling the tank with water so I can't say how well it works yet, but I've heard nothing but good about them.

oceanclear

Euroreef is on my shark tank and i can not compare it to
my old berlin classic or my backpack the euroreef blows
them away and it pulls out so much crap its not even funny.

bullshark

OCEANCLEAR, where can I check out a Euroreef skimmer? I have the berlin now, but I get so frustrated with it I took it off. All it did was pull out water, or nothing at all.
Help, cause I got two BIG groupers that are messy, and I plan to get a few triggers as well.

oceanclear

I don't know where any are running in stores but i do know some web sites that sell them.Mine works great on my shark tank.

rookie

Wow those Euroreef skimmers are a bit pricey arent they. If they do the job well i guess they are worth it though.
Nick

tvan

Yes, they help export future nitrates(Ask any reefer). The better, the bigger. The better your skimmer, the bigger fish you can keep.
HTH
Tom

jim27

They aren't needed on all tanks but sharks are such messy eaters I do think skimmers are definatly needed.