what kind of snake is this?

salt210

I walked into the kitchen to do the dishes and happened to spot this little guy on the floor. now I dont want to even walk back in there to finish what I was doing as I have no idea where he came from and how he got in.

salt210

BTW
since I am not about to stick my hand in there with him for a better picture. He is all black on his top except for the yellow ring behind his head. He is read/orange on his underside. and that is his tail curled up in the top of the picture

jennythebugg

i really hate to be the one to bring this up but with it being so amazingly young i think maybe you should get someone to look in and around your houose for a 'nest'

lovethesea

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/3123546
i think maybe you should get someone to look in and around your houose for a 'nest'

I'd be outta there so fast you wouldn't even see movement. Scooby and Shaggy style.....................

caspervtx

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/3123546
i really hate to be the one to bring this up but with it being so amazingly young i think maybe you should get someone to look in and around your houose for a 'nest'

Based on reading - it may not be that "young". They only get to be 10-15" max. A snake that small has got to be TINY when born.

salt210

well before coral keeper was able to ask me I let it go out by the fence in the backyard. I think I found where it could come in the house. there is a hole small enough between the 2 sliding doors that it looks like it could have came through.

chilwil84

yup ringneck, pretty delicate snake that dont keep to well in captivity (the northern and southern variety) good idea on setting it free.

aw2x3

Very cool!
I just saw pics, on another website, where a guy found LOTS of these, next to his house. He took a pic of one, wrapped around a dime...they were THAT small.