what kind of tangs are the heartiest?

I disagree with that 75%, if the tank is set-up correctly, and you buy a healthy specimen, they will probably do just fine. If you are not cycled, or almost done, etc. they will not do well.

S

simm

Originally posted by krishj39
simm, how'd it wipe out your tank?

Well probably by my misteak of not a good QT before main tank introduction. (this was a long time ago). 2 weeks later he had developed ick and I didnt have a QT and he wiped most of my fish out I had for over 6 months. But let me rephrase what I said. Koles are hardy I just failed to QT. So I after that I hated koles but I accualy like them.

krishj39

haha, that stinks. Yeah, I was particularly interested in your comment because I'm strongly thinking of getting one. It should be fine in a 90g right?

S

simm

90 should be ok. I have a 100 and he did great but he was shy. He was a darn good alge eater. LOL you could see lip marks on my glass where he was picking at it and then he would swim upside down to pick at alge growing on the bottom of the top glass. No it just made me mad that I did not QT and I guess I tried to find blam with him but in reality it was me not QTing. Minimum tank Id say is a 75. They are peacful HTH

fshhub

Originally posted by krishj39
i've read that kole tangs are hardy (aka yelloweyed tang), and also stay smaller than most.

koles or yellow tang, definitely
but, kris, yelloweyed is only one of the variatons, there are also blue eyed koles as well. Jus thought you would like that bit of info

cadbury

I have a Hippo Tang and it will be 2 years this Christmas that I have him and he's still doing great!!! He did get one round of ick and all I did was raise the temp and do a water change and it went away....