what leds ???????????????

nikesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/385723/what-leds#post_3384169
I'm not familiar with the ecorays, so what are the main differences between them and AI?
while i'm a fan of ecorays, the AI is by far a more superior fixture.
Ecoray 112 uses 112 1w LEDs which still produces great par despite them being 1w.
AI uses 3w Cree LEDs that use the right bin numbers for a better suited coloration and wavelengths in their royal blue, blue, and cool white bulbs.
Another reason for better bin numbers for cree LEDs is that they provided better pop too.
while the ecoray will no doubt grow corals, the AI unit will have better spectrum and output. The AI unit is also controllable with APEX controllers.

C

coral guy

i will go with ai if i get enough $$$ if not, i will settle with ecoray cause there is a sale at my lfs.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeSB http:///forum/thread/385723/what-leds#post_3384230
while i'm a fan of ecorays, the AI is by far a more superior fixture.
Ecoray 112 uses 112 1w LEDs which still produces great par despite them being 1w.
AI uses 3w Cree LEDs that use the right bin numbers for a better suited coloration and wavelengths in their royal blue, blue, and cool white bulbs.
Another reason for better bin numbers for cree LEDs is that they provided better pop too.
while the ecoray will no doubt grow corals, the AI unit will have better spectrum and output. The AI unit is also controllable with APEX controllers.
Thanks for the info!

bullitr

AI is better
reeftech or vertex is also an option
ecoray has very bad review so as the ACANs
if you want to save money get a reef koi its have the price but not dimmable

C

coral guy

one more question do they have controls to dim the lights and moonlights and do they have the control to have an automatic settings likehve reg lights go for 5 hours and moonlight for 3.pretend i buy a 72 in. light would they ship me one huge 72 in light or a bunch of little lights that equal 72 inches.

nikesb

they come with an add-on controller if you purchase it and they can also be controlled by APEX controllers. the AI modules are a specific size, you would need a minmum of 3 to cover a 72" tank, but you would want 4 to get better coverage throughout

bullitr

The reason I go with reefkoi is it's a lot cheaper and the spread is so much better since it has 112 bulbs it can cover 36x30 area compare to AI can cover 20x24 tops even with the new optics.

C

coral guy

arent the treef koi ones evolution brand leds and i might buy leds from growflux leds on ebay. or evolutions ? which one should i pick with the evolutions 3g hybrid 200 wat 20 kelvin or the the normal 200 wat 3g 20 k ones???????

nikesb

if you look at it, youll see that the outer leds have a lens on them. this concentrates the beam pattern of the LED downwards and wont be as wide spread, therefor keeping the light in the tank and not spreading throughout the room

C

coral guy

so buying the regular ones they would have a wider spread? narowed down decisions ai evolution and growflux leds.