What movie to rent tonight?

earlybird

It's really difficult for me to get through a rental these days but the wife is working late and I'm thinking of renting one.
American Gangster
or
No Country for Old Men (which I believe is available now)
or
Any other suggestions?

renogaw

i'm going to grab the new highlander movie and see if they continue to make a falacy of the original movie line. there was that 3:10 to yuma (or something like it) that was VERY popular that i am also wanting to see.

dragonzim

I just saw both No Country and American Gangster on Saturday night. Saw No Country in the theater since we had free tix and then rented American Gangster later that night. They were both fantastic movies. Can't go wrong with either one. AG is LONG though, not sure if that has any bearing on your decision. We rented the Directors Cut. The theatrical version is already 2.5 hours long. The Directors Cut was about 3 hours.

earlybird

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/2514217
I just saw both No Country and American Gangster on Saturday night. Saw No Country in the theater since we had free tix and then rented American Gangster later that night. They were both fantastic movies. Can't go wrong with either one. AG is LONG though, not sure if that has any bearing on your decision. We rented the Directors Cut. The theatrical version is already 2.5 hours long. The Directors Cut was about 3 hours.

Thanks for the heads up on length. No gangster tonight that sounds like a Friday night movie but I fall out on Friday nights.

cowfishrule

are you in the mood for stupid laughs?
if so, check out "The Darwin Awards"
so dumb, you cant stop laughing.

nyyankeees

We Own the Night (Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Walhberg, James Duval,) or Gone Baby Gone(Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris) I rented them last week both were excellent movies!

crashbandicoot

American Gangster is long and tends to have slow parts in it . I couldn't sit through the whole thing and turned it off about 3/4 through .

phelpz

American Gangster is a great movie.
It is pretty long though. I saw it at the theater not knowing how long it was. Got out at midnight....
I rented Eastern Promises the other night, and also Into the Wild. They were both pretty good. Into the Wild is kinda long.
Also 3:10 To Yuma is a really good movie if you havent seen it yet. Russel Crowe and Christian Bale are awesome in it.

ruaround

WAR is a good flick... Shattered... Black Snake Moan... Death Sentance...
i didnt like No Country... ending was horrible... it was hard for me to understand because of the two other people i was watching it with kept saying "What did they say?" or "jeez i dont get it" or " Whats going on what does that have to do with anything" and me saying : "JUST WATCH THE MOVIE!!!"
and i fell asleep during Gangster... kinda drawn out but i have heard the ending is worth it...

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by ruaround
http:///forum/post/2515792
WAR is a good flick... Shattered... Black Snake Moan... Death Sentance...
i didnt like No Country... ending was horrible... it was hard for me to understand because of the two other people i was watching it with kept saying "What did they say?" or "jeez i dont get it" or " Whats going on what does that have to do with anything" and me saying : "JUST WATCH THE MOVIE!!!"
and i fell asleep during Gangster... kinda drawn out but i have heard the ending is worth it...
That sounds like a fun evening.

earlybird

Ha... I actually went old school and rented Dr. Strangelove. Haven't seen it in about 8 years and never on DVD

The Blockbuster I go to is pretty small and most of their new releases were out.