What products do you use daily, weekly, monthly in you tank?

ghola5

Hi there just wanting to see what products everyone uses in their tanks and how often? Just trying to compare my routine

reefmate75

Originally Posted by ghola5
http:///forum/post/2413304
Hi there just wanting to see what products everyone uses in their tanks and how often? Just trying to compare my routine

B-Ionics every day-32ml each part
water change every other week or every 3 weeks depending on my water tests, normally 1 time every 2, 10-15 gallon depends if im sucking debre off the rocks if i am i tend to do alittle bigger sence there is always something i want to suck out when i get to looking
i use red slime remover if i see any cyno, but i only use 1/8 what it says to, i used the full dosage the frist time and i killed almost every thing in my tank, and 1/8 kills the cyno but nothing else seems to mind, the fish where fine the frist time i used it
i change out 1 pound of carbon every monday, have about 5 pounds in there but 4 bags stay in there just for the bacteria
and i top off every other day, about a gallon
scrap the glass when i feel like it haha, some times that Coraline gets pretty outrageous though

N

nereef

90 gallon soft coral and fish.
food every day, but no other additives. only skimming and flow for filtration. 10 gallon water change every other week with whatever salt was on sale from the wholesalers.

T

tiberius

I feed the tank flake food every day. I add Cyclopeeze once a month. I add Phytoplex (4 capfuls) every other week. Water changes maybe every 3-4 months with R/O water and Coralife. I change 15-20 gallons. The front glass gets cleaned maybe only when I do the water change or when I have to take pics! The snails do a great job on it!

renogaw

i add my DIY 3 part solution weekly, bi or weekly water changes, flake food every morning, frozen foods at night.

D

dennis210

210 gal reef
Daily watch and observe whenever possible & clean glass with mag floats & feed
Bi weekly set up drip for top off and Reef Complete.
Weekly top off evaporated water, test and adjust calcium & alk levels & record data.
Monthly scrape coraline build up of viewing panels, clean tank aquascaping with powerhead and turkey baster, trim back Xenia and GSP, perform 25 - 30 gallon water change, clean out sump filters and skimmer, scrape glass on algae chambers, change filter pads, and vacuum out chiller intakes and exhuast vents.
Bi-annualy reverse flow in chiller to clean out lines, change bulbs, tear down pumps and powerheads and clean them (repacing impellers as needed, overflows stripped and cleaned, and perform a 50 gallon water change. Addition of a few cups of new sand and traded sand from other tanks.
Addatives I use - Kent's Turbo Calcium, Kent's Superbuffer dKH, Seachem's Reef Complete, and the salt is Reef Crystals (always tests low on newly made batches Ca 360 - 380 & Alk at 120 - 130 (6 - 7 dKH).

renogaw

Originally Posted by Dennis210
http:///forum/post/2466382
Addatives I use - Kent's Turbo Calcium, Kent's Superbuffer dKH, Seachem's Reef Complete, and the salt is Reef Crystals (always tests low on newly made batches Ca 360 - 380 & Alk at 120 - 130 (6 - 7 dKH).
yea, i'm very disappointed with reef crystals. i mean, they are supposed to be extra CA and alk FOR reef tanks, but they test lower than regular instant ocean. i've gone back to IO, since it's cheaper to buffer calc/alk