What protein skimmer should I get for a 29 gallon

pondy

Just wondering what every one would reccomend. I had a seaclone 150 and it didnt cut it I had alll kinds of trouble with it. I am getting back into the hobby little by little and I just want one that wont give me any grief. Thanks Dustin

autofreak44

im gonna go with a bak-pak skimmer bc i heard they are good (for my 20 gal) but ive never used a skimmer so i couldnt defenatively tell you

laredo300c

aqua c remora is very good, but pricey....my choice would be a bakpak for"bang for your buck" comparison.....i have a seaclone 150 and i like it...not love it...but like it....i have to adjust every other day...but 10 seconds in 48 hrs isn't bad...it does pull out some nasty stuff

grubsnaek

coralife is good so is aqua c roma. i also have a seaclone 150 and i would stay clear i moved it from my 55 to my frag tank

pondy

Thanks guys, I will try and go and look for the corallife one because here in south east Idaho well lets just say there arent any pet stores that carry anything fancy. And anything being well lets put it this way I couldnt even find sponge filters for my pleco fry tanks. Sad. SO I guess corallife it is. Thanks again. Dustin

joncat24

you had better hurry for the coralife,,, they just raised the price on all of them about 35% this week everywhere

marydem

hope you don't mind my butting in...but, i'm kinda new to the sw hobby (6 months) and live in idaho falls. i'd love to have a buddy to swap frags and troubleshoot with right here in the potato(e) state (!!!lol!!!)(that may be a joke not everyone gets...has to do with politics!).
i see you don't accept emails. so, i had to flag you down here!
hope to hear from you soon. mary

marydem

:happyfish
hope you don't mind my butting in...but, i'm kinda new to the sw hobby (6 months) and live in idaho falls. i'd love to have a buddy to swap frags and troubleshoot with right here in the potato(e) state (!!!lol!!!)(that may be a joke not everyone gets...has to do with politics!).
i see you don't accept emails. so, i had to flag you down here!
hope to hear from you soon.
marydem1@ hot mail dot com

pondy

Thats not a problem, I am a few months away from getting it started again. I have to get some new VHO bulbs, and I also have to get a decent skimmer before I start up again. I had a seaclone and it just didnt work out. So any ways, What kind of corals do you have? What kind of system are you running?

earlybird

Coralife SS65 on my 29 and it works great. I have it in my sump b/c there are horror stories about them do a search.