WHAT"S HAPPENING TO MY RED SCARLET HERMITS? HELP!

i am here

I RECENTLY ADDED MY CLEANING CREW TO MY NEW 12 Gallon. THEY CONSISTED OF THE FOLLOWING:
5 dwarf blue leg hermits
5 Red scarlet hermits
4 orange banded hermits
10 small astrea snails
5 nassarius snails
2 small queen conchs
1 small coral banded shrimp
1 emerald crab
After being in the tank about 1 1/2 days, 4 of my 5 Scarlet Red Hermits are MIA. Only the Red Scarlet Hermits. Being a new tank, everything has been constantly busy and not bothering each other at all. But I noticed this morning that there were litlle pieces of red down in the sandbed?? I have been watching the emerald crab especially but he keeps to himself and is constantly eating. Also I am starting to find tons of little tubes all over the sand bed. Is this just poop? Gotta ask!

petjunkie

I think everything else in the tank finds them yummy. I bought 10 bluelegs and 3 scarlets and within 15 minutes my arrow crab was chomping on a scarlet and my cleaner shrimp ate another. I think the red is just too tempting but it pissed me off cause they were $3.50 a pop and the bluelegs were 99cents.

alyssia

Scarlets tend to hide when the lights are on. Are you sure the red in the sandbed isn't from molts?

pclown

I agree with alyssia (pretty name) but anyways my scarlet hermit will hide for days and then one day I will see him again and then he is gone again. A week ago I found red parts in my sandbed and I told my wife that he was done but yester day I saw him again still kicking and looking as good as ever.

alyssia

Originally Posted by PClown
I agree with alyssia (pretty name) but anyways my scarlet hermit will hide for days and then one day I will see him again and then he is gone again. A week ago I found red parts in my sandbed and I told my wife that he was done but yester day I saw him again still kicking and looking as good as ever.

Thanks! It is my daughters name.