What should I set my chiller too?

What temp should I set my chiller on??? I have a 24gal nano.. I dont want it to cold or to warm... It says it will keep it about 3 degrees close to what I have it set on. Just got finished setting it up. So just want to see what I should set it on. I have it on 76* right now
Oceanic is the chiller we got..
Stock list is:
Fish:
1 Maroon Clown
1 Zebra Goby
1 Banggai Cardinal
Inverts:
1 rose bubble anemone
5 hermits
1 purple/blue maxima clam
1 orange/gold mazima clam
1 red turbo snail
1 Mexican trubo snail
Corals:
1 frogspawn *two tone* Pink & Green
1 octopus frogspawn
1 SunCoral
13 rocks of zoos all differnet types of zoos *not sure on names*
1 red flowerpot
1 rock of green mushrooms
1 rock red mushrooms
3 rocks of mixed color ricordeas *Maroon, Red, Green, Purple*
1 rock of Sunburst Clovers
1 blue tree thing *can not remember what it is called again Grrr*
1 rock of white Xenia

peef

I keep mine at 77 so it fluctuates from 76 to 78. That is optimal if you ask me.

bang guy

I usually go by the native area of the most delicate organism you want to keep.
I'm not sure but if it were me I would pick the Gold Maxima as the most sensitive to temperature. I looked up the average sea temperature where Gold Maxima Clams are most prolific (Offshore South Vietnam) and the average sea temperature there is 81F. That's what I would shoot for.

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2664118
I usually go by the native area of the most delicate organism you want to keep.
I'm not sure but if it were me I would pick the Gold Maxima as the most sensitive to temperature. I looked up the average sea temperature where Gold Maxima Clams are most prolific (Offshore South Vietnam) and the average sea temperature there is 81F. That's what I would shoot for.

Thank you!! So I will set it for 78 so it will stay between 78 & 81 that should work right?? Never thought I would own a chiller for this tank... Hahaha when we 1st started this tank it was a 5 gal that was just to have a clown and a crab and maybe a small starfish **thats it
** And I know within the next couple of years or year.... This 24 gal will turn into 90gal soon....
Maybe a 100gal.. Would love to have a power blue tang someday.
Thank you again for your guys help!!!

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2665695
Just wondering, what kind of lighting are you running over your 24 gallon tank?

Hqi *We took the lid off awhile ago cause the saltwater ate threw the lens that covered the lights that came with the tank. It was bad. So we replaced it.

awww thank you guys.. I am still not sure I have changed the rock work so many differnet times
. Thinking about re doing it again this up coming weekend
. Maybe take out some of the rock.. Shurgs I dunno hahaha.. Thank you tho!!! Maybe I should just leave it.