What should I stock next?

paxrom

exactly 1 month ago I setup my 210g reef-to-be tank. The tank is cycled with ~200lbs of LR (of which ~50lb was polluting LR, rest are cured) and 8 green chromis. After getting bored watching the chromis for 3 straight weeks I decided to get 4 firefish goby just yesterday. Here's my water parameters today
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate faint (below readable scale on my IO test kit)
calcium ~380ppm
mg ~900ppm -> dosed with 48oz of Epsom Salt and now it's ~1300ppm
The diatom bloom seems to be being replaced by some hair algae and some maroon cyanobacteria (I assume)
I have a sump filter with integrated fuge (I start putting in caulerpa in the fuge at the end of 2nd week cycling)
No protein skimmer
what should I put in next..?
thnx for any advice.

gatorwpb

Originally Posted by yellowmach
http:///forum/post/2631635
Maybe a clean up crew if you don't have one already to help with the algae....
Yes snails, lots and lots of snails.

You need turbos for sure, but I also recommend ceriths (eat diatoms and I think cyano aka red slime) and nassarius (good for keeping sand clean)
Maybe some emerald crabs and a few cleaner shrimp (fun to watch).

paxrom

I am thinking of doing a mixed reef tank. My lighting is the Current USA 72 inch Outer Orbit 3x150w 10K HQI-MH w/ 8x39W T5 HO & 24 Lunar Lights.
I put in 2 cerith 2 trochus & 1 big turbo snail 2 weeks ago. Only the turbo & trochus are accounted for at the moment.
Hope the ceriths are ok..hopefully

reefman22

if its a 210, id put in more than 2 of each snail. id be tossin in about 20 or 30 members of the cleanup crew. especially in a future reef. just my opinion, i mean i know fish are more fun to watch but algae can get wayy out of hand if its not tamed early. especially without a protein skimmer...so id get like 6 big turbos and maybe 12 or 15 trochus and however many ceriths you want. there are plenty of fish to get but if i had a 210, id be sure i had some help cleanin that thing up.
reefman

paxrom

Originally Posted by Reefman22
http:///forum/post/2632488
if its a 210, id put in more than 2 of each snail. id be tossin in about 20 or 30 members of the cleanup crew. especially in a future reef. just my opinion, i mean i know fish are more fun to watch but algae can get wayy out of hand if its not tamed early. especially without a protein skimmer...so id get like 6 big turbos and maybe 12 or 15 trochus and however many ceriths you want. there are plenty of fish to get but if i had a 210, id be sure i had some help cleanin that thing up.
reefman
thnx for the advice I went ahead and added more nassarius snails to the order
I also add 1 Fancy Nassarius Snail are they pretty much the same as the regular nassarius snails?