what size holes to drill for a drip plate

wamp

You want the holes small enough to allow the water to build up a little on the top of the plate to disperce across the top for even distrobution but large enough to prevent a back up..
As stated above, 1/8" should do the trick... You could always start with smaller ones and then drill them out if needed..
The one I did had smaller ones in the middle and larger around the edges. This was to insure that there would be no blockage of water.

newfishliny

Originally posted by wamp
You want the holes small enough to allow the water to build up a little on the top of the plate to disperce across the top for even distrobution but large enough to prevent a back up..
As stated above, 1/8" should do the trick... You could always start with smaller ones and then drill them out if needed..
The one I did had smaller ones in the middle and larger around the edges. This was to insure that there would be no blockage of water.

what do you think " I read that do not drill holes in the center of the drip plate ,so when the water comes down its not forced right down the center, also leave a boarder with no holes so it builds up aliitle . like what you said before .
thanks wamp
Don LI/NY