What size plumping lines?

invincible569

Which size plumping lines and valves should I buy for my 100G tank / Sump? Is the thicker the line the better? 1.5? I would like to get the best possible. Thanks!

T

thomas712

The external pump that I use is 3/4 inch inlet and outlet, which I adaped for 1" soft tubing for my return to the internal overflow box to the spraybar. The overflow box on my 90 has a 1 1/4 durso standpipe, on the end of which is a 1 1/4 inch to 1" adapter into the 1" bulkhead, from here I have 1 inch ribbed tubing leading to my wet/dry.
So part of this will depend on what size your pump inlet and outlet will be, but I expanded mine to 1". Also if you have bulkheads what size your bulkhead may also determine what size lines you might need. I had my bulkhead in my wet/dry drilled for 1" as well. This way If I ever upgrade pumps in the future I'm all set.
Others will tell you hard plumming all the way. For this yoiu should use the thin wall pvc.
Just my thoughts
Thomas

kelkoolaid

I have the same kind of question, I have 75 g w 600gpm overflow, there was no piping, had to build my line to sump. I used PVC 1.5 inch, my return was in tact looks 3/4 PVC. this isn't going to work. can't get siphon with it running out so fast, do I cap the ends and drill holes to control it or start over with 1"?
the return PH is Rio 2100 thanks

kelkoolaid

I think I have figured this out going to go from overflow with 3/4 tubing into my bio-skimmer and dump to refuge. I read on another post heater should not be in return section. is it ok in refuge or do I have to have it up top? would rather hide it away.