What the heck? flatworm?

jshepherd

I just happened to walk in and see this. I know where it is so please tell me soon if I should get rid of it, thanks

jshepherd

Well I though I knew where it went. I moved the rock he went under and cant find it on the rock or in the sand.

jshepherd

The thing just disappeared are they in the rock or the sand. I can't seem to find out if this kind is bad. Polyclad?
Should I just use Salifert fwe?

keri

*that* flatworm is not one of the red or acro eating ones that tends to take over the tank and do harm...I think (IMHO) that one is ok.

reefreak29

dont use fwe . do you have any clams in your tank. this is a preditory flatworm that preys on clams. how long do you think youve had it? did you add anything new to the tank latley?
if you see it again take it out and flush it.
of course it will starve to death if it has nothing to eat.

jshepherd

It must have been in there when i started the tank 2 months ago with some live rock. I have never seen it until now though. i have no clams or corals of any sort just 200lbs of live rock.
It was right by that margarita snail which is now dead??
I cannot imagine how I lost it. I watched it go right under the rock and just minutes later I could not find it.
thanks for the help. I was in shock and should have scooped it up first then asked questions