what the hell is this???

porter

I'm not to shure if these are Bristole worms or not. Any one know? I can see about 6 or 7 in my gravel. Should I get rid of them or "throw em back"? Thanks
Porter.

jakebtc

If they look like pipe cleaners they are bristle worms they aren't bad to have but you can have too many

molamola

It's a spaghetti worm! At least I think that's what it is :thinking: If so, congratulations on actually seeing it out in the open. Don't get rid of it; they're really cool :happyfish

T

thomas712

Yep, put him back, spaghetti worm
And watch your language please.

porter

Thanks Mola. Do you know what use they in an aquarium? I've got about 10 that I can see now. They make a small mound out of the gravel, and the only part sticking out of the gravel is the tentacles. How am I suposed to clean the gravel without sucking them up to? Are they worth the trouble to try to save while cleaning? How big do they get? Are these little guys a big deal (common, uncommon)? I only started seeing them in the past month or so. Having not added anything but a few fish about 3 months ago, where did they come from? Info Info Info :notsure: . Thanks guys.

molamola

I think they just eat decaying junk in the sand, but I'm not an expert. So they're cleaning the gravel for you
They probably hitched a ride in on some liverock, even a few months ago. As far as I know, they don't get too much bigger than what you have shown in the picture. I don't know what to tell you about cleaning the gravel. Maybe you can clean around them
Good luck with the little guys