what to clean with?

weasertt

what do you guys use to clean the outside of your tanks. I have water streaks on mine. im assuming windex shouldnt be used but I dunno what else to use on glass?

maeistero

swiffer!!!

just kidding, i actually just use spit.
i'm being serious. i clean it a couple times a day and i usually just wipe off anything obscuring my view with a wet finger.
as far as deposits on the frame i use a toothbrush and tank water.
it makes for a lot more frequent cleanings, but i'm all over it anyways.
windex will be absolutely fine as long as you spray it onto your wipe off media and not the actual tank. overspray is what you want to avoid. the best wipe media is actually non shiny crumpled up newspaper. spray a couple squeezes and wipe. try it on a window if you want to experiment. newsprint doesn't leave the fuzzies like everything else.

ajroc31

Water. I take some water and spray it on the glass. Take some paper, and whipe it down nicely. It is all gone. No need for windex, you can ask my angelfish and my girlfriend about it. Well actually u can't ask the fish anymore since their dead, but she will still tell you.

ajroc31

I was not there. I am sure she did. Perhaps she even tried to clean with it from the inside of the tank. I am have become a freak after that, and made a rule that no chemicals are allowed within 30 foot radius of the tank, and only with proper ventilation. Water works good for me so, I use it.