What to do?

thumpco

Hi, I have a 37 gallon tank that is filled with 2 ocellairis clownfish 1 black ocellaris clown a firefish goby and a pajama cardinal also little inverts. The question is how many more fish could I fit in there?

btldreef

So there's three clowns altogether? Or one is orange, one is black?
I can't give you an answer on how many more fish, because that will depend on which fish you add and how your tank handles the additional bioload, but I can give you some fish that would work:
Tail Spot Blenny
Greenbanded goby
Coral Beauty
Flasher or Fairy Wrasse

thumpco

There are 3 clowns altogether. Also my firefish goby seems a little afraid of the black one, but I did just get the black one yesterday. I thought coral beautys were not reef safe?

bang guy

Having 3 A. ocellaris is inviting trouble down the road.
Coral Beauty Angels are typically fine with corals but there can be exceptions and it's the exceptions that give it a not-reef-safe listing.

thumpco

Why is that trouble? Also I have no corals just shrimp and snails and i am worried the coral beauty will pick at those
Having 3 A. ocellaris is inviting trouble down the road.

Coral Beauty Angels are typically fine with corals but there can be exceptions and it's the exceptions that give it a not-reef-safe listing.

btldreef

As the clowns mature, 2 will form a pair and start to pick on the third. They will probably end up killing the third clown.

mr. limpid

Clowns are damsels they fight, see which two hang together and remove the other. Hopefully the two will mate if not they will also fight. good luck

btldreef

Agreed, the COral Beauty should be fine with inverts.
Mine will occasionally harass a new fish, but it lasts about 3 minutes, then she gets bored and goes back to grazing on the rocks.

thumpco

I still don't know why my firefish goby is scared of the black ocellaris. I have seen the black ocellaris kind of go for the 2 clowns but he doesn't do anything. The 2 ocellaris clowns are the same size, the black is biggest, but they all hang out, but every once in a while the black will go for someone. (Wow what a run on sentence) Thanks everyone, I a considering a Coral Beauty Angel as my last fish

mr. limpid

because its a damsel, damsel = devil. I have my male ocellaris attack me evertime I clean my tank. Scares the crap out of me he is so fast.

btldreef

Even if you don't see the black and white clown harassing the goby, it's probably happening. I'd get him out ASAP