What to feed, and how much?

Hey guys,
I'm just getting into this hobby.
I'm considering eventually getting a couple of tangs, firefish, clowns...
What do I feed these guys, how do I feed it, and how much?
Formula 1, formula 2, bryne, flake, lettuce?
Formula 1 comes in frozen cubes.. Does it have to be thawed and then fed? one cube daily? How does it work?
Thanks.

denny hunter

hi tang man!
best thing you can do is to research and research again the paticular fishes likes and mannerisms long, and i mean long, before you actually purchase any type of fish! you have a lot of things to do before you start loading up with any fishes, take your time..... listen to the people on this board but still research any books or online data you can get.. you wont regret it!

giant_squid

As you may know tangs like greens, seaweed selects is a good tang food. Frozen food should be thawed out,keep in mind that the more variety you feed the better.

carrie1429

As the above post mentioned it is better to feed your fish a variety of food, I feed my clownfish live brine, frozen brine, seaweed, zooplankton, marine flakes, marine sinking pellets, bloodworms, and liquid vitamins, course you don't have to gave that much variety but it is good to have a couple different foods. Make sure you give your tang seaweed and lettuce ect. they need that in their diet.

tru conch

variety is the spice of life, and fish foods come in a large varieties.
to answer your question about how much/often, i only feed mine once a day, just enough to fill them up with out a lot of left over food. i do provide my "grazers" seaweed to munch on all day. hth.