What type of Computer do you have? pc/mac

kicks23

im a noob to this site so i look foward to posting here more often. i got a imac 20" about 1 month ago and love it
just wondering what type of computers you guys are using.

U

usirchchris

Pc
What are you doing market research or something?

kicks23

My fault on the poll i did not see it can i still edit it? No its not for research i was just wondering.

lion_crazz

I am a Mac guy for sure. Everything is just easier. I love my macbook and iphone.
And to answer the above question, I am one of those who only have one computer.

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/2938631
I am a Mac guy for sure. Everything is just easier. I love my macbook and iphone.
And to answer the above question, I am one of those who only have one computer.
I also love my iphone, and I hope to be getting a macbook pro sometime soon
I can't stand pc and I hate windows.

yearofthenick

I am a mac guy. I don't have anything against PC's, but it doesn't help that PC people are so closed-minded against macs just because they're different. I used to take apart my dad's IBM 286 with Windows 3.1 on it. I've worked with PC's ever since... 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP/Vista... I know them in and out....
.... and I prefer a mac.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2938883
I am a mac guy. I don't have anything against PC's, but it doesn't help that PC people are so closed-minded against macs just because they're different. I used to take apart my dad's IBM 286 with Windows 3.1 on it. I've worked with PC's ever since... 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP/Vista... I know them in and out....
.... and I prefer a mac.
I was looking at the MacBooks when I bought my daughter a laptop. It was what she preferred, but I couldn't justify the cost for what I could get a PC for. The basic 13" Macbook, with a 120GB hard drive, DVD player, web cam, and 2GB memory is $1000. I got her a Sony VAIO, 15.4" hi-def screen, blu-ray disc player, 128MB video card, 160GB drive, web cam, and 2GB memory for $1300. I'm not thrilled it came with Vista, but it's still a heck of a machine. Apple is just too proud of their equipment. If they'd bring their prices down to the same level I can buy a PC, i'd give them a try.

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2938891
I was looking at the MacBooks when I bought my daughter a laptop. It was what she preferred, but I couldn't justify the cost for what I could get a PC for. The basic 13" Macbook, with a 120GB hard drive, DVD player, web cam, and 2GB memory is $1000. I got her a Sony VAIO, 15.4" hi-def screen, blu-ray disc player, 128MB video card, 160GB drive, web cam, and 2GB memory for $1300. I'm not thrilled it came with Vista, but it's still a heck of a machine. Apple is just too proud of their equipment. If they'd bring their prices down to the same level I can buy a PC, i'd give them a try.
But that's the beauty of it... they're not compromising quality. I sincerely hope Apple doesn't sell-out to e-machines and the lot... that would be terrible. An incredible OS going to the dogs if you ask me. Sony does make a great machine though.
But your apple/sony laptop comparison is like saying you can get a 6-cylinder ford for the price of a 4 cylinder lexus.
I don't care what anyone says... the new unibody construction of the mac laptops FAR exceed the build quality of ANY pc laptop. When dell decides to build a factory and laser-cut their chassis out of solid blocks of aluminum, then I'll begin to see them in a more equal light.... because in my mind, mac's quality is second to none.
Also, you talk about more RAM or HDD space, but that's because Vista needs it just to do basic stuff. OSX Leopard is a very powerful competitor to Vista, except it can run on half the resources. All things considered, you're talking the difference between a 1960 cadillac and porsche. PC's are big, clunky, and need a lot of power to run. Mac's are built on a very simple platform, and don't need much to be fast.
What is VERY surprising is when you load Windows XP onto a mac with the same specs as an actual PC, the mac runs XP faster than the PC does. PLUS, the simple fact that you're able to load XP on a mac makes it far superior to any PC.
With the way you have technology these days, you have two choices. You can have a PC. OR... you can have a Mac, with PC built-in.
Sorry man, should have gone with the mac.

jdl

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2938891
If they'd bring their prices down to the same level I can buy a PC, i'd give them a try.

Sorry man, should have gone with the mac.
I've never seen one mac in my professional career. Until the business world uses them, they will remain a yuppy machine. Sure graphic departments use them, and they are probably great for those applications. But the general business world will disagree with your above statement.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2938925

I've never seen one mac in my professional career. Until the business world uses them, they will remain a yuppy machine. Sure graphic departments use them, and they are probably great for those applications. But the general business world will disagree with your above statement.

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2938925
General Business? Man, it all comes down to money with them... you have to admit that. Businesses don't want to buy machines that cost more. Plus, imagine the mayhem in an office with all new Mac's instead of PC's which people have been used to using PC's for decades.
When you talk about Corporate America, it doesn't surprise me. As a business owner, I would completely understand all the reasons not to switch over. It's a no-brainer.
But there are companies who are rising up now... companies like Facebook, who in their 400 employee office all use Macs. More and more companies are starting with mac's. It is already the standard for graphic design and video editing. The Incredibles movie was made on a mac. Most of Pixar's stuff is done on Mac's. It is simply better and worth the money if you're in the right business.
I think the Corporate PC die-hards will be the law firms, stock traders, etc. They just need a computer that they can type numbers into... so why not a PC? It's what they're best at. I would even ask them: why in the world would they need a mac? It would be a waste of money for them.
but I'm missing another completely valid point - the computer gaming scene. Mac's have very few software games at their disposal, and in my opinion, that's what makes them more grown-up machines than PC's. A gamer would argue that the platform simply doesn't exist for gaming on a mac, but having played Splinter Cell:Double Agent on my iMac 24 with XP 64-bit installed, I can say that it definitely holds it's own. Lastly, people argue most about exchangeability. You can't change the processor in a mac, or the video card. all you can do is upgrade ram and hdd space. Yes, that is a disadvantage, but a small price to pay when you think about the fact that they haven't compromised and given their stuff out to everyone so they can duplicate it.

E

eric b 125

i've had a mac for years and never had a problem. i use my computer for everything from producing audio tracks w/ reason and pro tools, to research and writing papers. in my experience macs are more reliable and user friendly than any pc out there. i also like the idea of being able to sync my iPhone to my computer so easily. the iPhone, by the way, is great. the applications are so useful. mac's all the way!