What/where to get live rock?

justphong

Ultra Premium Fiji Live Rock or Aquacultured Florida Live Rock on swf? what is the difference?
Or perhaps somewhere else?

gregvabch

figi liverock is from the figi islands. florida liverock is from florida. i guess i'm stating the obvious but that really is the main difference. from what i've heard, there are more possible nuissance creatures that come in on florida live rock than on figi liverock.

gregvabch

and also aiptasia, whelk snails, and predatory crabs of various shapes and sizes, i'm sure there's more to be mentioned as well...

S

sashimi

Originally posted by justphong
Ultra Premium Fiji Live Rock or Aquacultured Florida Live Rock on swf? what is the difference?

Fiji very light in weight full of tiny holes more pieces per pound, Aquacultured denser and heavy less pieces per pound.

dunkaroo

i got the 50 pound of the florida rock, Great looking,its got large peices, it was FULL of feather dusters only came with one strange worm, i'm going to get some fiji soon to have variorty

nm reef

I prefer the fiji...more porous...lighter weight...more surface area per lb...less likehood of undesireable hitchhikers.Just a better product in my opinion. The host does sell both...I recently added a 50 lb box of the premium fiji and was pleased with it.