What would you put in a 38G FOWLR?

dugan

There are just so many combinations you could do, I will just tell you what I had in my 35.
Pair of clowns, royal gramma, scarlet shrimp, cleaner shrimp and assorted crabs and snails.
Katie

ll206

Definately a couple of clowns. A few shrimps @ snails. A mandarin goby @ watchman goby......my opinion

johnay3

Would you have to wait a while to put the mandarin in? or will the food supply on the live rock initially be enough?

puffdad

What do you suggest?
I would plan to buy roughly 10-20 lbs of live sand and about 30 lbs of live rock to start cycling the tank.
Not sure what the best method would be for a mandarin goby.

johnay3

I have no idea, Im in the same situation as you, so I was curious if a mandarin actually could make it in a tank like that.

lionfish

LionFish says......
OK people, lets set the record straight on the Mandarin Dragonet at rest. Mandarins need to be in at least 90 gallon tanks witch is in a mature state so it needs to be up about a little more than a year to 2 years. A lot of people buy them saying " Well, gee, these sure are cute little fellas, I think I will put one in my 5 gallon Eclipse." No, on the Mandain for sure. Stick with small, easy fish such as: Clowns, grammas, firefish, chromis, gobys, small wrasses, and Psuedochromis. Make it easy on yourself ans stick with easy and small fish.

krazykarel

How about a Flame Hawk and/or a 6-line wrasse...from what i have read these are rather hardy fish that stay fairly small (under 3 1/2")