Whats compatable with Lionfish?

saltyclown

I have a Voltian lionfish, a Hippo Tang, a Huma Huma Trigger and 2 common clown fish. The first three are starting to get bigger so It is time to trade in the clowns, I was wondering what I could add that would be compatable. I also would like to know if I have to remove the Huma Huma, my LFS says it may start to pick on the Lionfish. Anybody have any luck with lions and Triggers? I have a 125 FO.

wrigley11

About the trigger, they can get very mean and may start to bother the lion. It has to do with the size of the tank. As fish get bigger and need more space the tank stays the same, so sometimes something has to give.
However, every fish has it's own personality and the trigger may or may not bother the lion.
About what to put in with the lion, there a simple rule that I was told that someone or the other told me way back. It actually has work 100% to this day. If the fish doesn't fit in the lions mouth then it will be safe. Otherwise when the lion gets hungrey it will look and fine lunch in your tank one way or the other.

tangcrazy

I think a wrasse would be a nice addition, the lunare and the sunset are very pretty! As for lions and triggers, I have a dwarf lion in with a clown and a huma (my clown is very aggressive) and they all do fine! I don't like to put puffers with lions though, I lost a golden puffer to a lion sting, and will never mix the two again! Best of Luck! :)

nevurrmore

I've got two triggers, a huma and a bursa with a volitan. They get along fine and I even think they are scared of the lion. I also have a porc puffer(watching him closely haha), snowflake eel, red coris wrasse, and a passer angel.