Whats on my zoos

supalupa

Anyone know what this is on the zoos I put in my tank last night? Looks kinda like an anemone. Is it aptasia? Should I remove it? It moved very quickly from the middle of the branch to the top.

supalupa

Will it sting my corals? It doesn't seem to be bothering the zoos. If anyone can confirm that it is a pest then I would like to remove it before it spreads. Anyone know the name of this so I can research it?

jumpfrog

Any way to get a clearer picture of the item you're concerned about? I don't see any tentacles in the picture so it could rule out aptasia.

fisherson

i've never had one before but i read recently that they spread fast..if you do a search on anemone's then you might find a post of 2 about them...all i know is there NOT good and spread fast

jerth6932

Originally Posted by supalupa
Should I just dig it out with a knife?
Do you Dose your tank with Kalkwasser calcuim? IF so you can use that to get rid of it.... or buy Joes Juice!

jerth6932

I use liquid calcium. Anyone know if I can just dig it off of the branch? It's only one anemone.
Well the way you can get rid of it is to Buy JOES JUICE.... That stuff will kill them before they start!!!!! ITS GOOD STUFF!!

supalupa

Cut him out thought that would be the quickest easiest way. I'm pretty sure I got all of it.
Thanks for the help everyone.

mr.125

I use liquid calcium. Anyone know if I can just dig it off of the branch? It's only one anemone.

I recomend lemon juice as an injection. Squirt that little bugger and he should fall right off the rock.
I wouldnt recomend digging it out because you dont know what you will be realesing into the water by breaking the tissue so much.

supalupa

Thanks for the info Mr.125 but I already dug it out. I pulled the whole branch of zoos out of the water popped it off and then put the zoos back where they were. It came off pretty clean I think I will be ok but will make sure I remember the joes juice suggested and the lemon juice you suggested in case it comes back.
Do you have any pics of your 125? I would love to see them since I have a 125 as well.

mr.125

I have only this one pic taken about a year ago. Mainly LPS and fish.
This is the first pic ive posted on this site only beacause i am in a transitional period right now w/ my tank.
I am focusing more now on the SPS

I hope the link will work~!!

jerth6932

Originally Posted by Mr.125
i know...look here comes one now~!!

Looks good man!!!! I like the aquascaping for it