Whats the Best DIY RO/DI to install?

honu808

Hi everyone. Its been many years since I had a reef tank. I had a whole home water softner RO/DI when I lived in Okla. Now living in Michigan, the water quality is better but I know a system is still needed for a reef with fish.
I want to install a RO/DI myself and I believe there are systems out there for under $200 that are 6 stage and 100gpd. Any suggestions on brands or level of stages? Is a 6 stage the best?

acrylic51

Several good brands IMHO.....BRS is 1, spectrapure is another. Not sure if your going to find under $200 though....I wouldn't buy a 100gpd unit personally. Really no need ANSI usually the rejection rate is lower vs a 75gpd unit. Key is look at the rejection rate vs looking at possible output. The output or production of the RO unit can be influenced by several factors....

geridoc

Take a look at the Reef Typhoon system at AirWaterIce. I have been using their systems for many years and find them to be reasonably priced, durable and very effective.

geridoc

Most home RODI systems recover about 10-15% of the water processed, the rest going to drainage, although some folks capture the waste and use it to water their gardens. Commercial systems, using high pressure pumps, can recover up to 90%.