Whats the best food for "porky"

5.0stang

I just wanted to ask yall what do yall feed your porcupine puffers? I hear some people get some food from their grocery store and grind it up and freeze in ice cube trays. Has anyone here tried that if not what else do i feed him besides brine,mysis,krill,clams,plankton? Thanks :happyfish

jon321

Feed it as many different things as it will eat. I dont waste time grinding up seafood to make cubes, just buy some shrimp/scallop/octopus/white fish fillet/etc and cut it into bite sized peices as needed.
Jon

dina12

My Porc. Puffer will eat just about anything but Flake food. He loves freeze dried Krill and Shrimp. I do make my own food too. He loves that stuff. I walk by the tank with a cookie and he thinks he is getting that too. When I got him he was "live" fed....it took me about 3 days to change him over.

scubadoo

You need to feed him/her hard shelled foods in order to keep their rapidly growing teeth filed down. If not, their teeth will grow too large and they will be unable to eat.
Mother nature has provided them with a rapidly set of growing teeth..as they eat hard shelled foods in the wild.