whats the best way to help it grow? (coraline)

renogaw

good water parameters is basically it. once i started dosing with b-ionic mine grew everywhere.

reefer545

keep your ph up. Normally around 8.2 to be specific. Seed you tank with live coralline from a LFS, or a friends tank. Buy rock with good growth on it already. Keep your calcium levels at the right amount. 450 range. But not above 480. Otherwise, keep your nutrient levels low to reduce unwanted algae growth. Althuogh, if you get good corralline growth, it will inhibit the growth of unwanted algae. hope this helps, adn I am sure I missed a few things as i am kinda distracted right now.

trigger11

Additionally, I think you need to have the tank running for a good month or two before you will see it start to grow well. The tank parameters have to be stable.

reefkprz

stability, LOW to NO phosphates, good alk and cal, good flow, and a source for seeding. to seed either use a toothbrush to scrub exsisting coraline off a rock into the water colum. or scrape some off with a knife or similar tool., abnd lastly patience

nigerbang

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
stability, LOW to NO phosphates, good alk and cal, good flow, and a source for seeding. to seed either use a toothbrush to scrub exsisting coraline off a rock into the water colum. or scrape some off with a knife or similar tool., abnd lastly patience

Thats what I was going to say...I took a small peice of LR and scraped it with a knife and let the CA float around in the tank....Be careful what you wish for...I scrape constenly..