Whats the deal with these suction cups (hagen 802)

dubba-r

I have no problems with the pump and all, but the suction cups wont stick on the glass anymore!! They keep on sliding off once I mount the powerhead on it.
Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to fix it or where to get replacement suction cups.
I need to place the PH in the middle and I dont want to use the clamp.

wolffvet

I have 2 of them and I can't get them to stay in place either. Try wiping them off with a dry towel and then stick it back on the glass. This is usually a temporary fix for me anyway.

kpogue

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Mine are less than a month old and the same thing is happening. Really pisses me off, I getting tired of spending money on crap that doesn't work!!! But anyway, I have found the suction cups that come with Vistathem hearts work well. You can by them for a couple of bucks at most pet stores.

cranium

Clean the part of glass you are sticking it to. My 301 didn't stick either til i cleaned the algea off the glass.

The suction cups lose there spunk after awhile, so I'll save you some time and tell you to throw them out! Don't try and clean them, bend them just throw them out! Replacements are needed.
Call 1-800-811-5992 (Fish Supply) online supplier.
It's called a gridle, it's about 3.99 + sh