What's under the hood?

novahobbies

Here's a fun thing.....let's all spill the beans about the equipment we're running? What's under the hood? Up the skirt? No, wait....scratch that last one. I've seen some of you in person; I don't want to know! :eek: Hope we get a few people chiming in: Post the size of the tank, what you use to filter/light/move water, etc.Tell us if it's a mixed tank, or if it's coral dominant, or whatever. Maybe we can learn something about the type of "toys" we all have running! Here's mine...I'll try to work from the top down:

110g tank, 4 foot x 18 inches, 30 inches tall. Tank is a mixed reef with SPS, LPS, and Zoas. Some Kenya coral because once it's in, it never goes away.

Lit by two RapidLED Onyx fixtures with 60 degree lenses
Lights controlled with a Bluefish controller to simulate sunrise, daylight, sunset, and storms (when I'm feeling in the mood).
Pellets twice a day on an Eheim fish feeder
One Jebao WP-40 wavemaker powerhead
One generic 800GPH Koralia knockoff PH
Tank has a Reef-ready overflow down to a 29 gallon sump
DIY sump is a basic three chamber design, with trays for filter floss and carbon pass-thru in the first chamber.
Two Little Fishies 150 reactor tumbling GFO
SCA-302 protein skimmer
Cryptic-style refugium with sand bed and live rock
18W UV sterilizer
Aqueon 300 watt heater (never on because Florida)
Odyssea WP1000 return pump

lmforbis

My system is pretty basic.
125 gallon reef ready dual overflow mixed reef (not much coral yet) mostly LPS some zoas and one tiny toadstool.
I have 2 kessil 160s with their spectral controller on a dawn to dusk program. Plans for 2 more in the next month or so.

I have 2 JebaoWP40s and the JB controller.
2 cheap from amazon 800 gph powerheads
I have a 29 gallon DIY sump/refugium with a reef octopus classic 150 internal skimmer. Just chaeto and rock rubble in the fuge. Lit by a $5 23W fluorescent bulb in a $3 fixture.
Rio 1600 gph return pump.
A couple heaters totaling 300 watts.
BRS dual reactor for GFO and carbon
A gravity ATO made from a 10 gal tank and a float switch like you see in a toilet.
I also have a 10 gallon tank of mixed salt water under the stand as well with a heater and pump for mixing and filling.

pegasus

6' 125 gallon tank w/dual overflows
Softies, LPS, and SPS.
48" 6-bulb T5 HO w/timer burning ATI bulbs
4x Sicce Voyager 3 power heads on wavemaker
30 gallon eShopps refugium
SRO XP2000i skimmer
40lbs live sand, rock rubble, and chaeto in fuge
Danner Classic Supreme Mag-Drive 12 return pump
BRS dual GFO w/Mag-Drive 3 pump
RDSB: 30 gallon tub, 120lbs sand, Mag-Drive 1.9
Float ATO connected to 6-stage RO/DI